Shot of Bonsecours Market, in the Old Port of Montreal.
Bonsecours Market (French: Marché Bonsecours (m)), at 350 rue Saint-Paul in Old Montreal, is a two-storey domed public market. Named for the adjacent Notre-Dame-de-Bon-Secours Chapel and designed by architects William Footner and George Browne, it opened in 1847.
Other than a market, it served as public market, concert hall, and Montréal's city hall from 1852 to 1878. Today, the market houses cafés-terrasses, restaurants and boutiques.
Comet McNaught appears in the top 1 third of the composition!
Leave a Comment
Return to Recent Comments